Sewer leaks are a worst-nightmare scenario for many homeowners. After all, it can be expensive (and majorly smelly!) to fix and it can cause major damage to your home. Sewer leaks can also attract unwanted pests, cause health issues, or slowly destroy your foundation. If you catch the problem quickly, though, you can often get it fixed without any of these negative side effects. If your sewer is leaking call the experts at Rosenthal Plumbing for sewer repair in Santa Cruz ASAP, our plumbing experts will identify the section of sewer line the needs to be repaired or replaced and do so will minimal damage to your lawn. Call today for your Santa Cruz sewer repair.
You May Need Sewer Repair If You Have…
- High water bills. One of the first signs that you need help with your sewer is often that your water bills go up. If this happens without an explanation, and continues happening, call a plumber to find your leak.
- Bad odors. Your sewer should keep bad smells out of your home, but a sewage smell in your home means those seals aren’t working. If they are letting out gas, chances are they could let out sewage, too. Call us before this happens.
- Lower than normal water pressure. Any fluctuation in the functioning of your plumbing could mean water pressure problems. If your showers are going downhill or it’s hard to wash the dried crud off the dishes, call us for help figuring out what has gone wrong.
- Gurgling noises. Hearing water flow through your pipes when it’s running is normal. However, gurgling noises usually indicate the presence of excess air in your pipes, which can mean there’s a clog somewhere. Find this clog before it causes a major sewer backup in your home.
- Lush patches of vegetation in your yard. Sewage is nasty, but plants love it. If you have a sewer leak under your yard, chances are your grass, bushes, flowers, and other vegetation will grow faster than usual. If there’s a part of your yard that’s particularly lush and it’s not getting extra water, it’s time to look at your sewer.
- Slow or clogged drains throughout your home. One slow or clogged drain isn’t usually a problem. However, if all of your drains suddenly seem slower than normal or if you’re experiencing clogs throughout the system, instead of in a single drain, this can indicate a clog in your sewer. All sorts of things can clog your sewer, from cooking grease to sanitary napkins to tree roots and more. Prevent this by knowing what not to put down your garbage disposal.
- Pools of septic water. If you find pools of water that smell or look like sewage, call a plumber immediately. Even if these are outside your home (and hopefully they will be!), they can be health hazards, not to mention the fact that they indicate some sort of sewer issue that needs resolution fast.
- Cracks in your foundation. Left untreated, sewer issues can cause all sorts of awful damage. You can end up with sinkholes in your yard or under your home or cracks in your foundation. However, sometimes these are the first signs you have that there’s a problem. If you see foundation cracks, it’s time to call in a plumber to have your sewer evaluated.
Call Us For Sewer Line Repair in Santa Cruz
At Rosenthal Plumbing, we will do everything we can to get your Santa Cruz sewer line back up and running as fast as possible. We’ll find out what has gone wrong, then use the least invasive technology to fix it. We may be able to use trenchless sewer repair tech, so we won’t have to dig in your yard at all. If we do have to dig, we’ll be as minimally invasive as possible. Pretty soon, your sewer should be back up and running the way you need it to. Contact us today!