When you need emergency plumbing in Santa Cruz, CA, reach out to us at Rosenthal Plumbing ASAP. We have someone on call so we can always get to you fast and help you find the solutions you need!
What Qualifies as an Emergency Plumbing Situation?
Not sure if it’s time to search for someone to do an “emergency plumbing repair near me?” We don’t blame you! Here are the times we usually recommend calling for emergency plumbing services in Santa Cruz:
- You’re in a situation that involves a potential for significant water damage.
- You’re in a situation that poses a danger to the occupants of a building. This can include sewage backups, since sewage can harbor bacteria that can cause significant illnesses.
- You don’t have another option for something that is broken. If your only toilet or only shower isn’t working, you need emergency plumbing for homes ASAP.
- There is the potential for serious consequences such as property damage or injury. If water damage is happening very fast and you can’t stop it or someone could get hurt, call us right away.
What Are Some Common Emergency Plumbing Problems in Santa Cruz?
A wide variety of issues could be reasons to call your rapid response plumbers in Santa Cruz. We get these kinds of calls all the time, and these are the issues we hear about the most:
- Broken pipes
- Burst pipes
- Gas leak
- Water heater failure
- Sewage backups
- Broken water line
If you suspect you are experiencing any of these problems, call us at Rosenthal to get help ASAP. We will be there soon!
How to Prevent Plumbing Emergencies in Santa Cruz
Make sure you don’t have to call 24/7 plumbing services in Santa Cruz very often when you take preventative measures. These help avoid plumbing emergencies because they stop problems before they start, find them before they get too big, or eliminate behaviors that lead to problems later on.
Prevent plumbing emergencies by taking the following actions:
- Invest in regular maintenance and inspections
- Fix small problems before they turn into big ones
- Replace old or worn out pipes
- Avoid pouring grease or oil down the drain
- Use strainers in sinks to catch food and other debris
- Avoid flushing non-biodegradable items down the toilet
What Should I Do if I Have a Plumbing Emergency in Santa Cruz?
If you do experience a plumbing emergency, it’s easy to panic. However, panic doesn’t solve the problem or resolve the issue. Instead, take the following steps:
- Stay calm. Keep your head. Take a few deep breaths if you need to.
- Turn off the main water supply. This is usually located above ground, and may be near your utility closet. It’s usually labeled. Turn the knob all the way to the right. Once you do this, don’t use any water again until the water is turned back on.
- Assess the damage. Try to determine if there is major water damage or if you can clean it up pretty easily.
- Call a professional. Reach out to us for emergency plumbing services in Santa Cruz, CA. We will resolve the problem and help you find water damage professionals if you need them.
Call our team at Rosenthal Plumbing anytime you need an “emergency plumbing repair near me.” We offer emergency plumbing services for homes and emergency plumbing services for businesses, so we are sure we can help you whenever you need plumbing services in Santa Cruz.
Do you have fruit flies that seem to be living in your kitchen or bathroom drains? These flies are annoying and they can transfer bacteria from your drain to your food. Here’s what you need to know so you can get rid of them fast.
Clean Your Drains
Start by cleaning out your drains. This destroys the food source for the flies. Run your garbage disposal in your kitchen until it is completely clear. You may even want to reach down inside your drain with a cloth to remove any gummed-up debris that may be stuck within easy reach.
You can also pour boiling water down your drain to loosen any rotting debris in the drain. Then, use a pipe brush to remove it or loosen it further. Follow up with more boiling water to wash everything away.
Sanitize Your Drains
Next, sanitize your drains. Pour a half-gallon of water, then a half-gallon of vinegar down the affected drains. You may want to do this several times to make sure that you get your drains as sanitized as possible. This should kill off the fruit flies.
Trap the Flies
You may need to trap any flies that were not in the drain. Heat 1.5 cups of apple cider vinegar mixed with a few drops of dish soap for 15-30 seconds, then set the bowl by the drain. It should attract the flies and kill them so they don’t bother you anymore.
Get Professional Drain Cleaning
If you believe that you have ongoing drain problems that might be causing your fruit fly issues, contact us at Rosenthal Plumbing for drain cleaning in Santa Cruz today. Our professional Santa Cruz plumbers can clear clogged drains that may be contributing to your fruit fly problem or just a nuisance to your daily life. Give us a call or schedule services online today for any Santa Cruz plumbing issues you may be experiencing.
Have you tried Drano (or a comparable product) on your clogged drain but it’s just not working? Or maybe you keep having to use Drano, over and over again.
No matter what your situation is, there are other methods of drain cleaning you can try if Drano is not working. Here’s how to unclog your drains for good!
Look in Your Kitchen Pantry
Baking soda and vinegar may unclog your drain better than Drano ever could. Start by getting rid of the standing water in your drain. If it will go down slowly, just wait until it’s gone. If it isn’t moving, use a cup or a spoon to get it out of there.
Then, put 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar down the drain and let it sit there for 30 minutes. When the time is up, run warm water down the drain and see if the clog is gone.
Try a Plunger
Most people assume that plungers only work on toilets, but they can actually unclog drains all over your house. Make sure the plunger forms a tight seal over the opening of the drain, then start plunging. You may need to work for several minutes before you see much of a difference. Don’t give up unless you have plunged for 5 minutes or more without a discernible change.
Consider a Plumbing Snake
A plumbing snake is a long coil of metal that you can thread or push through your drain. It usually has a point or a hook on the end, for breaking up or pulling out clogs. You can usually rent these at your local hardware stores.
Make sure you get a snake that is the right size for your drain and that you never put it more than 3-4 feet into the drain. Otherwise, it can get stuck down there and cause even more plumbing problems! Thread the drain until you hit a blockage. Wind the snake back up to try to remove the clog or use the snake to break it up.
Call a Plumber
If you have a drain cleaning conundrum and you aren’t sure how to fix it, call an experienced Santa Cruz plumber at Rosenthal Plumbing. We’ll have an experienced plumber there ASAP to make sure your drain gets back to normal fast. We have professional techniques that can get to the clog and remove it ASAP.
Book an appointment with Rosenthal today for fast, friendly service soon.
Request Service Now
Sewer leaks are a worst-nightmare scenario for many homeowners. After all, it can be expensive (and majorly smelly!) to fix and it can cause major damage to your home. Sewer leaks can also attract unwanted pests, cause health issues, or slowly destroy your foundation. If you catch the problem quickly, though, you can often get it fixed without any of these negative side effects. If your sewer is leaking call the experts at Rosenthal Plumbing for sewer repair in Santa Cruz ASAP, our plumbing experts will identify the section of sewer line the needs to be repaired or replaced and do so will minimal damage to your lawn. Call today for your Santa Cruz sewer repair.
You May Need Sewer Repair If You Have…
- High water bills. One of the first signs that you need help with your sewer is often that your water bills go up. If this happens without an explanation, and continues happening, call a plumber to find your leak.
- Bad odors. Your sewer should keep bad smells out of your home, but a sewage smell in your home means those seals aren’t working. If they are letting out gas, chances are they could let out sewage, too. Call us before this happens.
- Lower than normal water pressure. Any fluctuation in the functioning of your plumbing could mean water pressure problems. If your showers are going downhill or it’s hard to wash the dried crud off the dishes, call us for help figuring out what has gone wrong.
- Gurgling noises. Hearing water flow through your pipes when it’s running is normal. However, gurgling noises usually indicate the presence of excess air in your pipes, which can mean there’s a clog somewhere. Find this clog before it causes a major sewer backup in your home.
- Lush patches of vegetation in your yard. Sewage is nasty, but plants love it. If you have a sewer leak under your yard, chances are your grass, bushes, flowers, and other vegetation will grow faster than usual. If there’s a part of your yard that’s particularly lush and it’s not getting extra water, it’s time to look at your sewer.
- Slow or clogged drains throughout your home. One slow or clogged drain isn’t usually a problem. However, if all of your drains suddenly seem slower than normal or if you’re experiencing clogs throughout the system, instead of in a single drain, this can indicate a clog in your sewer. All sorts of things can clog your sewer, from cooking grease to sanitary napkins to tree roots and more. Prevent this by knowing what not to put down your garbage disposal.
- Pools of septic water. If you find pools of water that smell or look like sewage, call a plumber immediately. Even if these are outside your home (and hopefully they will be!), they can be health hazards, not to mention the fact that they indicate some sort of sewer issue that needs resolution fast.
- Cracks in your foundation. Left untreated, sewer issues can cause all sorts of awful damage. You can end up with sinkholes in your yard or under your home or cracks in your foundation. However, sometimes these are the first signs you have that there’s a problem. If you see foundation cracks, it’s time to call in a plumber to have your sewer evaluated.
Call Us For Sewer Line Repair in Santa Cruz
At Rosenthal Plumbing, we will do everything we can to get your Santa Cruz sewer line back up and running as fast as possible. We’ll find out what has gone wrong, then use the least invasive technology to fix it. We may be able to use trenchless sewer repair tech, so we won’t have to dig in your yard at all. If we do have to dig, we’ll be as minimally invasive as possible. Pretty soon, your sewer should be back up and running the way you need it to. Contact us today!
Do you need to have work done on your Santa Cruz sewer line but you dread the mess that it can cause and the hassle of replacing parts of your yard afterward? At Rosenthal Plumbing, we can do trenchless sewer repairs in Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas to help you get things fixed without having to dig up your yard. This method often allows us to repair things like broken pipes or pipe bursts faster and with less stress. Call us to speak with an expert plumber from the trusted Santa Cruz plumbing company for over 35 years!
How Does Trenchless Sewer Repair Work?
- We start with a sewer line camera inspection, sending a cable down through your pipes via an access point inside your home. This way, our sewer experts can see what needs to be done. The camera has a sensor that we can use to locate your pipes and determine exactly where the repair needs to be made, or if you may need sewer cleaning instead.
- We will talk to you about your options for trenchless sewer repair or replacement. If we need to dig a small hole or go in at one place for part of the repair, we’ll let you know and show you exactly where. If you have options for trenchless or non-trenchless repairs, we’ll give you all of that information, too.
- If trenchless repairs are right for you, we’ll tell you and get to work as soon as possible. Our plumbers in Santa Cruz will work hard to get the job done right, so you don’t have to worry about your sewer anymore.
Call Our Santa Cruz Sewer Experts!
When you need sewer repair, don’t be in despair. Call us at Rosenthal Plumbing and we will get started on your trenchless sewer repairs. Save your yard and save yourself the hassle when you choose us. Call us now for residential or commercial plumbing, sewer and drain help in Santa Cruz!