Santa Cruz Sewer Lateral Ordinance
If you own a home in Santa Cruz, you need to know about the county and city’s sewer system ordinance. Established in 2018, this ordinance has three parts, all of which should influence the way you maintain your sewer line.
At Rosenthal Plumbing, we can help you meet every part of this sewer ordinance. No matter what you need to get your home in compliance, we’ll get the job done fast! Here’s what you need to know.Get Sewer Ordinance Help Now!
Sewer Ordinance Specifications
Santa Cruz’s sewer ordinance specifies that homeowners are responsible for all spills from and repairs to their own sewer lateral. This is the part of the sewer line that runs between your home and the city’s sewer in the street. Specifically:
- Homeowners will be held to a specific timeline when it comes to stopping a spill and making the necessary repairs. If they do not adhere to this timeline, homeowners will face fines.
- Before selling a home, a homeowner must have the sewer line inspected by a licensed plumber, make any necessary repairs, and submit an inspection form to the city to verify that they have complied.
- If the property has private pumps or sewer collection systems, these must pass inspection every 10 years and must be cleaned out every 2-5 years, depending on pipeline size. Privately owned pump stations will also need to pass inspection every 1-5 years, depending on pipeline size.
How Rosenthal Can Help
If you have a sewer spill or need sewer line repairs, we’d be happy to help you get them completed to the city’s specifications. We can also inspect your private pumps, sewer collection stations, or pump stations. If you need to any drain or sewer cleaning services we’ll get it done and get the paperwork submitted for you in a timely manner.
If You’re Selling Your Home
If you’re selling your home in Santa Cruz, we’ll inspect your line and get you the qualifying video footage you need to prove to the city and county that your sewer is in good shape.
- For Santa Cruz County, we submit the report and video on your behalf.
- For the city of Santa Cruz, the homeowner is required to submit the report and video themselves.
Once the video and report is reviewed by the city and/or county, they will let you know if any repairs need to be done or if the line needs to be replaced.
Whenever sewer repairs or replacements are required, our sewer experts will get that completed ASAP so you can sell your home as you’ve planned to. When it’s done, we’ll get you everything you need to submit to the city to prove that you fixed your sewer.
Santa Cruz Sewer Ordinance Experts
Stop worrying about the sewer ordinance in Santa Cruz when you have Rosenthal Plumbing on the job. We’ll help you meet every part of it so you can stay in compliance and know that your sewer line is running well. Call today to schedule an appointment with our sewer experts!Call Now!
We Understand Plumbing Problems are Stressful.
That’s why here at Rosenthal Plumbing we get your home back in order - fast!
Ready for our help?Request Service
Want to save more?
Get exclusive access over $700 in coupons plus a whole house plumbing inspection voucher!