Do you ever wonder if your water heater is working as well as it could? Sometimes, it’s hard to know if it’s doing well or if it’s time to start thinking about a new one. If you’re like most homeowners, this isn’t a decision that is completely straightforward. Here are some things to think about when you’re deciding if it’s time for a new water heater.
- How much are you spending on repairs? As water heaters get older, they often require more and more frequent repairs. Over time, you can spend more on repairs than you would spend on a new water heater. If you feel like you’re calling plumbers for your water heater a lot, ask about replacement instead. Our plumbers will be able to tell you how much a new heater will cost you and whether it might be a good idea for you.
- Is your water heater the right size? A water heater that’s too small is annoying. You may not be able to shower and run your dishwasher at the same time, for instance. If you are struggling with a water heater that’s not the right size for your home or your family, it may be time to get a new one.
- Does your water get hot enough? If you like your water pretty hot and it’s just not getting there, it may be time to replace your water heater. Give us a call. We’ll come out and let you know if your water heater problems are repairable or if your heater is just getting older and not working quite so well.
- How old is your water heater? Most water heaters are built to last 8-10 years. If yours is older than that, it may be time to think about replacing it. While some people like to wait until the current heater stops working, the truth is that this is a big hassle. If your heater is old, think about replacing it before you run out of hot water entirely.
- How high are your utility bills? Older water heaters don’t work as efficiently as many of the newer ones. This means that you will spend more on your utilities with an older heater. If you feel like your utility bills are out of control, it may be time to consider getting a new water heater.
Call Rosenthal Plumbing for Water Heater Replacements
If you’d like to talk about replacing your water heater, give us a call. Our experienced Santa Cruz plumbers will look at your current heater and give you their expert opinion. If you decide to replace your heater right now, we’ll help you select one that is the right size and type for your home and your needs. Then, we’ll help get it ordered, delivered, and installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications.