When you need emergency plumbing in Santa Cruz, CA, reach out to us at Rosenthal Plumbing ASAP. We have someone on call so we can always get to you fast and help you find the solutions you need!
What Qualifies as an Emergency Plumbing Situation?
Not sure if it’s time to search for someone to do an “emergency plumbing repair near me?” We don’t blame you! Here are the times we usually recommend calling for emergency plumbing services in Santa Cruz:
- You’re in a situation that involves a potential for significant water damage.
- You’re in a situation that poses a danger to the occupants of a building. This can include sewage backups, since sewage can harbor bacteria that can cause significant illnesses.
- You don’t have another option for something that is broken. If your only toilet or only shower isn’t working, you need emergency plumbing for homes ASAP.
- There is the potential for serious consequences such as property damage or injury. If water damage is happening very fast and you can’t stop it or someone could get hurt, call us right away.
What Are Some Common Emergency Plumbing Problems in Santa Cruz?
A wide variety of issues could be reasons to call your rapid response plumbers in Santa Cruz. We get these kinds of calls all the time, and these are the issues we hear about the most:
- Broken pipes
- Burst pipes
- Gas leak
- Water heater failure
- Sewage backups
- Broken water line
If you suspect you are experiencing any of these problems, call us at Rosenthal to get help ASAP. We will be there soon!
How to Prevent Plumbing Emergencies in Santa Cruz
Make sure you don’t have to call 24/7 plumbing services in Santa Cruz very often when you take preventative measures. These help avoid plumbing emergencies because they stop problems before they start, find them before they get too big, or eliminate behaviors that lead to problems later on.
Prevent plumbing emergencies by taking the following actions:
- Invest in regular maintenance and inspections
- Fix small problems before they turn into big ones
- Replace old or worn out pipes
- Avoid pouring grease or oil down the drain
- Use strainers in sinks to catch food and other debris
- Avoid flushing non-biodegradable items down the toilet
What Should I Do if I Have a Plumbing Emergency in Santa Cruz?
If you do experience a plumbing emergency, it’s easy to panic. However, panic doesn’t solve the problem or resolve the issue. Instead, take the following steps:
- Stay calm. Keep your head. Take a few deep breaths if you need to.
- Turn off the main water supply. This is usually located above ground, and may be near your utility closet. It’s usually labeled. Turn the knob all the way to the right. Once you do this, don’t use any water again until the water is turned back on.
- Assess the damage. Try to determine if there is major water damage or if you can clean it up pretty easily.
- Call a professional. Reach out to us for emergency plumbing services in Santa Cruz, CA. We will resolve the problem and help you find water damage professionals if you need them.
Call our team at Rosenthal Plumbing anytime you need an “emergency plumbing repair near me.” We offer emergency plumbing services for homes and emergency plumbing services for businesses, so we are sure we can help you whenever you need plumbing services in Santa Cruz.